Monday, April 12, 2010

80’s Movie Trivia

I love movies from the 80’s! I also tend to remember movie quotes, maybe because I watch the same movies over and over. Anyway, below if a list of famous quotes (famous to me anyway) from 80’s movies. How many movies can you name? What about who said them (the name of the movie character)? No cheating (looking it up). If you’re going to answer do not provide the actual movies, just give a number for the number of movies out of this list, as well as the number of character’s you can name. Answers to follow.

1. Man who catch fly with chopstick accomplish anything.
2. Oh, this your wife, huh? A lovely lady. Hey baby, you must've been something before electricity.
3. Sumerian, not Babylonian.
4. All balls itch! It’s a fact!
5. Buckle up, son! This is the real world out here!
6. It's the same old story. Boy finds girl, boy loses girl, girl finds boy, boy forgets girl, boy remembers girl, girls dies in a tragic blimp accident over the Orange Bowl on New Year's Day.
7. There were only twelve hundred and eighty-one people. But to me, it was the whole world.
8. The Lord said, do whatever you have to do. And he didn't say "Joe, be polite."
9. Good, cause it's going to be filled. We'll keep going. You want another one? Just say the word say it. Instead of going to prison you'll come here. Are you through?
10. Now listen hear fairy fart, I don’t give a rat’s ass about your wimp weather reports.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know all of them except for #9. I can immediately picture most of the scenes also.

ChuckJerry said...

I got #1, #7, #9 (Walt I'm surprised you didn't get this one).

I think I got #2, but maybe not. I'm also iffy about #8, but I think I know.

The rest, no idea.

Side Bar said...

I am stunned about how few of these I got.

I definitely got 1, 3, and 9. 6 is on the tip of my tongue but I cannot place it so I am going to look it up.

Actually, I am going to look them all up, bnecause 7 is ringing a bell, too.

Side Bar said...

Damnit. I definitely should have gotten six and seven; the others I never would have guessed (I am not sure I have seen some of those movies, which, I admit, is unacceptable).

I cannot find the answer to ten; when I google it I just get this site. blub.

ChuckJerry said...

Ev, you gotta post the answer because I need to know what #10 is.

PS - When I said I knew #2 before, I meant #3. Also after I commented, I figured out #8.

Evan said...

1. Man who catch fly with chopstick accomplish anything.- Mr. Miyagi- Karate Kid
2. Oh, this your wife, huh? A lovely lady. Hey baby, you must've been something before electricity. Al Czervik- Caddyshack
3. Sumerian, not Babylonian.- Egon- Ghost Busters
4. All balls itch! It’s a fact! – Buddy-Just one of the Guys.
5. Buckle up, son! This is the real world out here!- Uncle Phil- License to Drive
6. It's the same old story. Boy finds girl, boy loses girl, girl finds boy, boy forgets girl, boy remembers girl, girls dies in a tragic blimp accident over the Orange Bowl on New Year's Day.- Leslie Nielson- Naked Gun
7. There were only twelve hundred and eighty-one people. But to me, it was the whole world.- Gordie- Stand by Me
8. The Lord said, do whatever you have to do. And he didn't say "Joe, be polite." – Joe Clark- Lean on Me
9. Good, cause it's going to be filled. We'll keep going. You want another one? Just say the word say it. Instead of going to prison you'll come here. Are you through?- Richard Vernon- The Breakfast Club
10. Now listen hear fairy fart, I don’t give a rat’s ass about your wimp weather reports.- Mean Gene- Meatballs III

I admit that # 10 was unfair. It was really obscure because I thought the rest of them were too easy. I guess not.

Brian, which movies (aside from Meatballs III) haven’t you seen on this list?

Side Bar said...

just one of the guys, license to drive, lean on me