Tuesday, April 20, 2010

NY Times Sports...Get It Together!

Let me preface this little rant by stating that generally, the NY Times is the best newspaper, period(.) That being said, I am continuously disappointed with the Sports Section of the NY Times. Overall, their Sports Section sucks!

My first complaint is usually that it’s in the back of some other section, usually the Business Section. Next, is my major complaint… What the times loves to do is cover some obscure angle of a big sporting event, and give no, I mean NO, coverage of the actual event. To further complain, it’s not once in a while that they do this; it’s all the fucking time!

A great example of this happened right before this year’s NBA playoffs. The other day, I opened the paper and was excited about finding some coverage of the NBA playoffs. I don’t know what I was expecting, but something like: predictions, major story lines, I don’t know. Instead, I open the paper (back of the Business Section btw) to find expansive coverage on Kevin Ollie. What? You got to be kidding right? We have the playoffs coming up this week, and you have a multi-page article on this clown. You’re kidding me Times, right? What about a Where Are They Now, Teaneck Highwayman Edition? Or how about an extended edition of the upcoming Teaneck Jewish Center Summer League?

Ok, I’m done bitching about this for now, but not forever.

3 comments:

ChuckJerry said...

I agree with you, Ev. The Times Sports leaves a lot to be desired. But the real reason I'm commenting is because of the notion that someone would want to advertise on the Teaneck Jewish Center basketball league web page.

And I love that there are great introductory rates available. Like you can get in on the ground floor.

Anonymous said...

What am I missing with the where are they now highwayman edition link?

Evan said...

Chuck, LOL.

Max, look under Wisconsin to find a former Teaneck notable.