Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A couple of random thoughts

While watching tv with my two boys on Sunday, a commercial for the iPad comes on and Thomas says, "Wow! Look at that big phone! Daddy, you have the same thing, only smaller." Later that night while watching some tv with Alexis, the same commercial comes on and she says, "Look at that big phone!" I have not seen it in person or read any in-depth reviews of the iPad, but I can't argue with my kids - it looks to me like a bigger version of the iPhone.

For all of those who are reading this and have kids, you'll be able to relate. There is nothing that tugs at your heart or makes you feel so powerless as having a sick child.

Fresh cut grass smells great.

There is no comparison to the taste of steak cooked on a charcoal grill versus a gas grill.

It's a little early for Mother's day, but I've got to comment on my wife. While I can't say my kids are perfect (because really, no one is perfect), they are pretty darn good. While I would like to take some credit for their upbringing, Jennie has spent many more hours with them than I have, of which I am very jealous of. In my profession, and most others I think, communication is one of the most vital components to a successful project. So you would think that I would realize this and communicate more with my wife. Nope. Maybe it's because that's just how males are hardwired, or maybe just because I'm an idiot, but I don't tell her often enough how great she is. So Jennie, if you're reading this, you are the best wife/mom I could have ever hoped for. Thank you for everything, and sorry I don't tell you that more often.

Enough mushy stuff.

Legos might be the greatest toy ever invented.

Avatar was a awesome in the movie theater in 3D. It was just OK when I watched it at home. Maybe when I get the blu-ray version, I'll enjoy it more.

The wii is great. I really recommend it for the entire family.

I really enjoy my job. I like doing what I do. All the hardships and problems which were big deals then, but seem trivial now, were all worth it when you have the finished (almost) product in hand.

Ok, back to work now....

6 comments:

Evan said...

Wow Daff! That was one of sweetest things I've heard you say (the Jenny comment).

ChuckJerry said...

"Maybe it's because that's just how males are hardwired, or maybe just because I'm an idiot, but I don't tell her often enough how great she is."

It's probably because you're an idiot.

You're clearly not allergic to fresh cut grass.

I'm not sure what one would do with an iPad. What makes it better than in iPhone?

Legos are dope.

Avatar is objectively a stupid movie. It's just amazing to watch it in 3D.

Anonymous said...

Fresh cut grass (and Legos) are great. They both remind me of childhood.

I don't think you act serious enough for anybody to tell if you are an idiot or not. I don't think you are.

Side Bar said...

Well said. I can definitely relate to being married to someone who seems to have just been born knowing how to raise a good kid. If you don't tell her enough, I hope you at least have the good sense to find an excuse to make her read the blog!

Fresh cut grass makes me sneeze.

And legos are dope; rick and I did a lego-mation video in 6th grade one time and that shit was way ahead of its time.

Matt Dabney said...

I had Jennie read the blog last night and she agreed that I was an idiot. Not an idiot in general, an idiot for not telling her how I feel about her more often.

Side Bar - do you still have that legomation video?

Joe Grossberg said...

"I used to call him Daffy, but he got soft. So now I call him Daphne."

Ho yes.

Great post, though. Very touching.