Saturday, February 20, 2010

Jealousy amongst the blog contributors

(first post for me on this blog also - two in a row!)

I have to admit I am very jealous of Walt's recent snow accumulation (as described in this recent post) I too, recently moved into a new house. It's a much larger piece of property than the one I owned in NJ (2.5 acres vs less than .25 acres). My very generous parents bought us a riding lawnmower when we moved in, otherwise your standard walk behind mower would take days to mow the entire lawn. In addition to the large lawn, I also have a large driveway which requires snow removal. With my walk-behind snow thrower it took nearly two hours to clear some of the driveway. So for christmas/chanukah I bought my self the snowthrower attachment for the riding mower.

I picked it up from Sears in early January and spent a saturday afternoon removing the mower blades from that tractor and assembling the snowthrower. And there it sat, in my barn, for weeks. Untouched. Getting no loving. Then came a news report of an impending snowstorm! But that was just a big tease. While Walt was getting bombarded with over two feet of snow, not one single flake touched ground at my house! A week later when Walt got hit again with nearly two feet, I finally was able to fire it up and utilize my newest toy and clear the 8" of snow I received. In what took my nearly two hours to do walking behind the old snow thrower, I was able to clear the entire driveway in about 35 minutes!
In perhaps, a view of the future lawnmower and snow clearer, my eldest offspring bugged me all afternoon when I was disassembling the mower to try to ride it. Here was the result:




Also, view from my bedroom this morning:


Perhaps this spectacular view will generate a little jealousy as well?

4 comments:

The Notorious LJT said...

tractors are so much fun. i remember my grandfather had one when i was a kid and riding on it was dope.

Anonymous said...

That does look gorgeous. Can't wait to make it up there.

Regarding the snow tractor, I'd imagine that never gets old and always would be fun to ride.

ChuckJerry said...

I was kindof hoping he would crash into something. I guess I've watched too much America's Funniest Home Videos in my day.

Side Bar said...

Oh man I agree with Chuck. I was so ready when I hit play on that thing . . .

Daff - this is bullshit. You can't just put that up there if he is not going to crash. I didn't think he might crash, I knew he was going to drive that thing into a lake, or a sinkhole, or the side of the house, or something.

Fine post otherwise, but next time please have your kid do something that will make me laugh and earn you $100,000 from ABC.

Respectfully,

side bar