Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Random Video Links 9.23.08

1) Ok, you know the big deal that's made out of censorship in our country from time to time (like, the Janet Jackson fiasco? The Imus fiasco?) I wonder if stuff like this Lil Kim video, edited (presumably) for airing on things like VH1 or MTV, actually ever made it there. To me, even though this is edited for content, this is less "airable" for kids than just somebody saying "fuck" or showing a nipple on the air. It's not like kids can't read between the muted words.



The song "Drug Ballad" by Eminem (which I personally enjoy) is another example of a song without much profanity - or, let me rephrase, even with the actual curse words censored, it's a song which I would think most parents would not want their kids to listen to, even if the curse words were bleeped. On the other hand, Eminem says "faggot", it's taken out of context, and he is slammed for it.

Anyway, on to the next video...

2) For you Hadron Collider people (I'm looking at you, ChuckJerry)... Check out the name of this link, click there, then view this:



Who the hell took the time to record this? I got bored trying to watch it through.


3) The teachers' union supports... guess who... Barack for president. Here he is talking about it... (again, I didn't make it to the end...)

No comments: