Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My Summer Vacation

This summer, I followed in Open Bar's footsteps and went to Vegas. It was so fucking surreal. Of course, I didn't have the experience that he did, as he went as a single guy and I went with my wife. Nevertheless, it was something to behold.

I won't bore you with a bunch of pictures of the various sights. I'm sure you'll ask if you want to know more details. I will mention a couple of random things...

- The sex industry in Vegas is out of control. I've posted before about how silly it is that this kind of stuff is "illegal" in this country. Well, Vegas takes it to a new level. It is extremely unregulated. Here's a picture illustrating this. There are many billboards like this, guys handing out cards on every corner advertising "girls to your room", etc...











- This guy my mom is dating is real tight with the uncle / driver / manager of Phil Ivey, the poker player. I was supposed to meet Phil Ivey while I was out in Las Vegas, if Phil was around. It turns out... Phil was not around. However, his uncle managed to drop off some merchandise for me. It's for the best. What the hell am I going to do with Phil Ivey, or talk to him about? I was hoping Phil would say, "Hey, man, here's $5,000. Let's play a little together. I'll stake you." Somehow I don't think that was happening. So, here's me posing with my consolation prize (Phil is a part-owner of Full Tilt Poker.)












We also went to see Miranda Lambert perform in Atlantic City. Her opening act, John Eddie, was awesome. If you're looking for a change of pace in your music, they're both a lot of fun.

I also made my requisite trip to Cape Cod for a little while. Here's Walt Clyde with his brother and father on the deck overlooking the bay in North Truro.

No comments: