Sunday, July 6, 2008

WALL-E!

My wife and I saw WALL-E this weekend in the theaters. Animated films keeping raising the bar. From Toy Story to Shrek to Finding Nemo, they just keep getting more mindblowing. Despite it being a kids movie... when we first walked into the theater, there were hardly any kids there (and this was not that late - 7 pm show). I thought we were in the wrong theater. In any case, it was a movie that I'd recommend that, if these kinds of movies are your thing, you see in the theater. The visuals are a-mazing.

If one was nitpicky, one could argue that it was manipulative in how cute it was (like E.T.) and the social commentary might be construed as a bit over the top. However, if you can suspend that disbelief and if you are not a cynical bastard, it is an adorable movie - again, if this is your kind of thing.



A robotic looking E.T.... just as cute as E.T., no?

1 comment:

Kathy G. said...

I really loved this movie too. I was not expecting the heavy "message" that was immediately apparant, and was also unexpectedly brought to tears at several parts of the movie.