Wednesday, July 30, 2008

So close

"Close only counts in horseshoes and slow dancing."

Earlier in the summer, during the free few days I had between when school let out and when I started my work in Teaneck, I cashed at two tournaments in Bally's in Atlantic City. Now that I had another free week after my Teaneck work was done, I went back this week.

Monday I played in the $50 tournament at 1 pm. There were 47 people, top 5 spots paid. I came in 7th.

Tuesday I played in the $50 tournament at 6 pm. There were 84 people, top 9 spots paid. We were down to 11 people, two tables. This guy on the other table and I went out simultaneously in 11th and 10th place.

Both times I was there for four hours with nothing to show for it. I'm simultaneously happy about how I played and annoyed that I didn't win anything.

I think I need to take a break from A.C. and/or poker for a little while. :)

2 comments:

Matt Dabney said...

close also counts with hand grenades

ChuckJerry said...

Yeah, I always heard the saying, "Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades". Also that one has good alliteration.