Monday, July 7, 2008

New Things That Are Dope

Since I just mentioned WALL-E as being dope, here are some things that are new and dope as well that I've been enjoying recently...

Miranda Lambert, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend: I wanted to hear some good country music and came across this album. If you either enjoy or are curious about country music this is a modern, fun country album.











Radiohead, In Rainbows: This was originally available through Radiohead's somewhat gimmicky "pay what you want" download thing, but now it is available on CD. It is a fantastic sounding album, if you're into the electronic-yet-musical Radiohead sound. One song, "Nude", especially stands out for me.

(Also, Gnarls Barkley briefly covered a Radiohead song in concert. It's only worth mentioning because I am into both of them. Click here to watch.







Nintendo Wii: My wife and I broke down and bought a Wii last week, after playing other places and enjoying it immensely. Yes, we're 31 and don't have kids yet. However, it is truly for all ages. It's neat how the feel (so far, at least) seems intuitive and how people who are not experienced video gamers can compete on the Wii. So far we are very impressed with the ingenuity and design of it. We have the Sports package that comes with the system, and Guitar Hero III. I now understand why South Park poked fun at the Guitar Hero craze. A local South Jersey bar has Guitar Hero nights. This is not uncommon apparently.

Anyway, Wii is dope so far.

No comments: