Tuesday, October 23, 2007

"Hoes We Knows"

A cursory Google search did not immediately yield the lyrics to the Black Sheep song "Hoes We Knows" from their album that I listened to incessantly as a teenager, A Wolf in Sheep's Clothing. However, after searching through the results...

... I found the lyrics here.

Sophomoric topics notwithstanding, it remains one of my favorite nostalgic albums.

I decided to post this link because (a) most songs' lyrics come up immediately through a Google search and (b) our buddy Andy loves the reference to Kosher food through the summary of Dres' sexual encounter...

What's up with the skins? Said, I just got deep
Did it cost a lot? Naw, the boots were cheap
Costed me some time and a little bit of sleep
A fresh jimmy hat and some kosher meat







Yo Dres, it's your turn
Act like gonorrhea and burn, baby, burn

3 comments:

Joe Grossberg said...

But what's kosher about his meat?

He's a black Christian dude.

Anonymous said...

I think it's referring to the hot dog he felt compelled to buy her after they "Niked"...

She gave a big grin, I knew that she was with it
We stepped off and we Niked (huh?) We just did it
Boots were kind of fly yeah I like the way they fitted
Honey was the woman and to her I did admit it
Lathered up the nuts and I changed my shoes
Took off the browns and put on the blues
Sweetie I'm the paper called the Daily News
And today's headline reads: here you can't snooze
After she was dressed we both broke out
Said she had to go and see a brother with clout
She said I'm hungry, hungry no doubt
Uh lemme get a hot dog with extra sauerkraut
She stepped to the left I stepped hard to the right
"Can you spare a quarter?" Yo black go fly a kite
Gave a little bark but he wouldn't dare bite
For that would be the end of his night
Walk the city streets wonder who I'll see
There goes Mistah Lawnge and my man Peewee
Look upon their faces coincides with glee
What's up Dres yo what's up G
What's up with the skins said I just got deep
Did it cost a lot, naw the boots were cheap
Costed me some time and a little bit of sleep
A fresh jimmy hat and some kosher meat

The Notorious LJT said...

i actually happened to pop this cd in my car saturday for the first time in months, actually i think you gave me my current copy, walt.

great cd, one of the all-time greats, in my book.