Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Two yummy treats

Sometime back I expressed my love for Ginger Altoids. Since this post, I've found them increasingly difficult to locate. The Rite-Aid near my house, which would "stock" them (and by stock, I mean have them sometimes). And slowly but surely, they would never have them in.

After some cursory internet research, I realized the only thing to do was check out Amazon and Ebay. And, sure enough, Altoids will ship you Ginger Altoids. This must be what a pothead feels like when receiving a pound of the best stuff they've received and they can dive in without abandon anytime they want... check out the goods.




Then, I stopped at Wawa this morning to get a quick bite and saw something behind the counter that instantly reminded me of my youth, as much as all the "old school" photos being posted by friends on Facebook.



Backwoods Cigars. The choice cigar of... well... umm... well, the cigar we used to buy from Rocklin's on Cedar Lane and smoke on the deck. This pack of 8 costs less than $7. I texted my brother, MMG, and Joey to let them know that Wawa inexplicably started carrying these and I had to buy them. My brother's comment was simple: "Why? They were disgusting. Are you really going to smoke them?"

And I thought about this. Yes, yes I am. At least one. If I don't get sick, then I'll have one more.

No comments: