Tuesday, February 1, 2011

BOTG's NBA All Star Team




Here are my picks for this year’s NBA All Star game, starters and reserves.

East:

PG- Rondo
SG- Wade
SF- Bron
PF- Amare
C- Howard

Reserves:

Rose
Ray Allen
Joe Johnson
Paul Pierce
Carlos Boozer
Kevin Garnett
Andrew Bogut

West:

PG- Chris Paul
SG- Kobe
SF- Melo
PF- Kevin Durant
C- Tim Duncan

Reserves:

Deron Williams
Ginobili
Blake Griffin
Dirk
Pau Gasol
Kevin Love
Steve Nash

I think Griffin and Love both deserve a spot. Also, I think Rondo is ahead of Rose, as the Celtics are better than the Bulls and Rondo leads the NBA in assists. BTW, it’s very whack that Yao was voted as a starter for the actual all star game. On that note, it may be time to stop letting the fans vote, if they are going to do things like vote in Yao.

What are your picks?

2 comments:

popsrick said...

As much as I'm a Knick fan, and as much as Amare has meant because of his ability to dominate at times, if I was picking teams at the court I'd take Pierce, Rose, or Garnett to win a game because of their all-around games...Amare does not rebound or defend

Evan said...

Pop, I agree with your point about Amare not playing D or rebounding, but he has changed the culture of the Knicks, which should not be understated.

Now that the actual all star selections have been made I have to bitch.

Chris Bosh and Al Horford?! Chris Bosh is a bitch and has been hurt. No way!

After examining the issue, Westbrook does deserve the spot over Nash. I hope Love gets the last spot. I think if you lead the NBA in any of the major categories (points, rebounds, or assists) you deserve a spot on the team.