Thursday, August 6, 2009

Change... please!





I am requesting a change in the way change is given.

Most times I pay for something in cash, here's what happens:

- I take out my wallet and hand over the bills, so I'm holding my wallet in one hand
- They hand me back all the bills, the change, and the receipt in a bundle in my other hand.
- I have two choices: stuff it all in my pocket and sort it out later, or slide my bag over so the next customer can be dealt with, while I place the bundle down, put the bills away, then put the receipt in the bag, then put the coins in my pocket.

Why is this? Are clerks trained to give change in any particular way? It is so annoying. I worked behind a counter for a while, and I would try to see what would make the most sense as far as handing over the money. If a customer's wallet is out, they should hand over just the bills first, let the customer put them in the wallet and put the wallet away, then hand over the other stuff. Having one hand occupied with the wallet is what causes the confusion.

1 comment:

Pax Dickinson said...

There oughta be a law. ;)