Thursday, November 6, 2008

Recent Images

Some images that have grabbed my attnetion recently...



Sorry, Mets fans. Yes, I'm across the Phila. bandwagon these days. Even the Sixers.




Lisa and I saw Joan Osborne perform at the World Cafe Live in Philadelphia. You remember Joan Osborne, don't you? Well, her voice is sexy and incredible live. She's one of those rare performers who are actually better live than on album. I would highly recommend seeing her if she's ever performing near you. She mainly sings rock / blues type of music. She also sang the song my wife and I danced to at our wedding.



Recognize this country? It is ours! This is something called a cartogram, and it's very interesting. The sizes of things are not actual land sizes but instead are drawn proportionately to statistics about the things. You can read more here.





And finally, here's us not more than a couple hundred feet away from our President-Elect when he was campaigning in Philadelphia. Obama!

No comments: