Wednesday, October 29, 2008

End?

So, I'm wondering if I should keep blogging. The only person that has been reading recently has been Pax who has been arguing with me politically. I appreciate his interest in what I'm saying and a link to his blog has been posted at left with the other blogs that friends have.

(A sidenote: I did to Pax what I've been accused of doing for a while now by friends and family - on Facebook, I started a debate with him and then backed out because I didn't feel like debating with him once he started - and just said, "Yeah, you're right, I know nothing" and acted sarcastic. I can't believe that I actually do this. I will read his blog and engage in more fair dialogue with him in the future.)

Anyway, we started commentary with each other here and here but Pax is the only guy that has commented in a long time.

I know I don't post that regularly, and I haven't been invited join any groups of bloggers like this one, or been successful in starting my own group. Maybe I'm not a great writer, and what I write is being read but is not compelling enough to comment on. Maybe what I write doesn't lend itself to commentary. Maybe it's because this blog isn't eponymous.

I joined Facebook and put a link to this blog but do not seem to have attracted any traffic.

So I ask, "Hello... is there anybody out there? Just nod if you can hear me..." Should I keep blogging here? Does what I write, albeit inconsistenly, interest you enough for me to keep writing? Or, should I just keep my own journal, like Doogie Howser M.D.?

Comment or email at spinningandwinning@gmail.com if you care to!

2 comments:

Matt Dabney said...

I'm nodding.

Keep blogging.

Pax Dickinson said...

In my opinion, you should keep doing it if you get something out of it for yourself. If it feels like a chore and you don't feel like doing it, then don't.

I've written in my blog for over a year now, my first post was August 2007, and almost no one reads it. If I was writing it for my readers, I'd have quit a long time ago. But mostly I'm just doing it for myself, as practice writing and for those little items I want to pass on but don't rise to the level of being worth directly emailing people about.

In short, only you can decide since you're the one putting in the effort. Plus, as a libertarian, I'm philosophically opposed to telling other people what to do. ;)