Saturday, August 9, 2008

July Poker League - Games #9, #10 and Conclusion

I had completed my stint of working in Teaneck and moved back down to South Jersey. As a result, I missed the last two games of the July Poker League. Daffy, who hasn't blogged much since he was "back", has emailed me an Excel document that has the standings from the last two weeks of the League. So, without any further ado...

Recap of Game #9 (Monday, July 28):

It was a night for a first time winner, the continued hot play of the Donkey, some more Ziggy-esque luck for My Choice (he did call me to tell me about a couple of specific hands - and he did get it rough), and the consistency of .com.

Tonight's Standings:

Lady Luck - 1st
Donkey - 2nd
.com - 3rd
Chick - 4th
True - 5th
Karma - 6th
Daffy - 7th
Zeus - 8th
My Choice - 9th

Points (Total):

.com - 6 (49)
Daffy - 0 (39)
Chick - 3 (28)
True - 1 (24)
Donkey - 8 (22)
My Choice - 0 (20)
Pads - 0 (20)
Lady Luck - 10 (14)
Zeus - 0 (14)
Karma - 0 (12)
The Terminator - 0 (7)**


Recap of Game #10 (Thursday, July 31)

The absence of Pads, Zeus, and My Choice, who were enjoying a family evening, was filled by the void of two Rocks, relatives of Daffy's wife. Despite this, the night seemed to feature much of the same - Donkey and .com both keeping their games up, and another positive night for Lady Luck.

Standings:

Donkey - 1st
.com - 2nd
Daffy - 3rd
Lady Luck - 4th
Chick - 5th
Rock - 6th
Karma - 7th
Rock Jr. - 8th
True - 9th

Final Points (Total):

.com - 8 (57)
Daffy - 5 (44)
Donkey - 10 (32)
Chick - 1 (29)
True - 0 (24)
My Choice - 0 (20)
Pads - 0 (20)
Lady Luck - 3 (17)
Zeus - 0 (14)
Karma - 0 (12)
The Terminator - 0 (7)**



The overall winner is... .com!!!




Congratulations to .com, who won the league using all of the grit, consistency, and random food items that we've come to expect of him.

Props to Daffy (2nd) and Donkey, defying early expectations with a furious late rally to finish 3rd. They both won money (though not as much as .com).

Special thanks to our league commissioner... Daffy.




Daffy was more than the David Stern of our league. He kept the league going with tireless energy, phone calls, enthusiasm, and wacky spirit we've come to expect from the Daffster.

Thanks to all!


P.S. I'm practicing incorporating some new HTML tags! Oh, and I never posted player profiles for Lady Luck, True and Karma... without pictures, what's the point?

No comments: